Incredible Infants (Hours limited to 8 AM - 5 PM)
We limit the Incredible Infants program to 8 children and the teacher/student ratio is 1:4.
As Infants, we spend lots of time learning about our environment through loving interaction, play, books, and song.
To be enrolled in our Ones program your child must be 1 year old by September 1st of the current school year. We limit the Wonderful Ones program to 12 children and the teacher/student ratio is 1:6.
At 1 year old, we spend lots of time learning about our environment through play and song.
Milestones that we focus on from 12-18 months:
- Drink from a cup
- Has favorite things and people
- Responds to simple spoken requests
- Puts things in a container, takes things out of a container
- Follows simple directions like "pick up the toy"
- Gets to a sitting position without help
- Plays games such as peek-a-boo and patty cake
- Tries to say words you say
- Like to push, pull or dump things
- Like to look at pictures
- Point with index finger to show
- Use 8-10 words that are understood
- Seem to understand what others say
- May take a few steps without holding on
Milestones from 18-24 months:
- Says several single words
- Walks alone
- Feed self with spoon
- Points to show someone what he wants
- Pretend to feed doll or talk on phone
- Look at things others point to
- Points to one body part
- Show affection (give hugs or kisses) to familiar people
- Points to show someone what he/she wants
- Scribbles on their own
- Drinks from a cup
To be enrolled in our Twos program your child must be 2 years old by September 1st of the current school year. We limit the Totally Twos program to 12 children and the teacher/student ratio is 1:8.
Milestones that we focus on at 2 years old:
- Walks up and down stairs holding on
- Begins to run
- Makes or copies straight lines and circles
- Names items in a picture book
- Builds towers of 4 or more blocks
- Begins to sort shapes and colors
- Knows names of familiar people and body parts
- Says sentences with 2 or 4 words
- Repeats words heard in conversation
- Copies others
- Gets excited when with other children
- Shows more and more independence
- Shows defiant behavior ( doing what he/she has been told not to)
To be enrolled in our Threes program your child must be 3 years old by September 1st of the current school year. We limit the Terrific Threes program to 18 children and the teacher/student ratio is 1:10.
Milestones that we focus on at 3 years old:
- Copies adults and friends
- Takes turns in games
- Shows concern for a crying friend
- Dresses and undresses self
- Follows instructions with 2 or 3 steps
- Names a friend
- Talks well enough for strangers to understand most of the time
- Can say first name
- Can work toys with buttons, levers, and moving parts
- Understands what "two" means
- Builds towers of more than 6 blocks
- Turns door handles
- Climbs well
- Runs easily
- Pedals a tricycle
To be enrolled in our Fours program your child must be 4 years old by September 1st of the current school year. We limit the program to 24 children and the teacher/student ratio is 1:12. Our academic focus in the Fours is Kindergarten preparedness.
Milestones that we focus on at 4 years old:
- Enjoys doing new things
- Would rather play with other children than by him/herself
- Often cant tell whats real and whats make-believe
- Talks about what she likes and what she is interested in
- Sings a song or says a poem from memory such as the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" or the "Wheels on the Bus"
- Can say first and last name
- Names some colors and some numbers
- Starts to understand time
- Understand the idea of "same" and "different"
- Uses scissors
- Starts to copy some capital letters
- Tells you what he/she thinks is going to happen next in a book
- Hops and stands on one foot for up to 2 seconds
- Catches a bounced ball most of the time
- Copies a triangle and other geometric shapes
- Pours, cuts with supervision, and mashes own food